Example DMCA Policy Text
For use on your real estate agent website.
Please take note. Just including this text on your website is not enough to gain the protection of the DMCA safe harbor provision. In addition you must register a designated copyright agent. Also, make sure you understand the limitations of safe harbor with regard to deriving no benefit and having no knowledge of the presence of infringing materials at your website. For additional information we suggest watching this video from the NAR legal counsel.
The Lones Group, Inc. grants you the right to freely use, modify, and distribute the following example text without attribution.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA")
[My Business Name] respects the intellectual property rights of others. Per the DMCA, [My Business Name] will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement on the Site if submitted to [My Business Name]'s Copyright Agent as described below. Upon receipt of a notice alleging copyright infringement, [My Business Name] will take whatever action it deems appropriate within its sole discretion, including removal of the allegedly infringing materials and termination of access for repeat infringers of copyright protected content.
If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been violated by [My Business Name] or by a third party who has uploaded materials to our website, please provide the following information to the designated Copyright Agent listed below:
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- An address, telephone number, and email address where we can contact you and, if different, an email address where the alleged infringing party, if not [My Business Name], can contact you;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use is not authorized by the copyright owner or other intellectual property rights owner, by its agent, or by law;
- A statement by you under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the owner's behalf;
- Your electronic or physical signature.
[My Business Name] may request additional information before removing any allegedly infringing material. In the event [My Business Name] removes the allegedly infringing materials, [My Business Name] will immediately notify the person responsible for posting such materials that [My Business Name] removed or disabled access to the materials. [My Business Name] may also provide the responsible person with your email address so that the person may respond to your allegations.
Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(c). [My Business Name] designated Copyright Agent is:
[Copyright Agent Name]
[Contact Phone Number]
[Contact Email Address]