These instructions are for installing eStationery in Outlook, versions 2010 and 2013 only, on Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 only.
These instructions assume that you understand:
- How to start-up Outlook.
- How to Copy and Paste files.
- How to navigate your computer's file folders.
- What a ".zip" file is, also known as a compressed folder or archive.
- Which operating system you are using.
Step 1: Preparing the Files
Choose the option that describes how you received your eStationery files from us.
- I received my files on a CD. Continue to Step 2.
- I downloaded or was emailed a single file. This is probably an archive, a ".zip" file that contains other files. You will need to open this file and copy the files that are in it to your desktop before you continue.
- I received multiple files. If some of those files are pictures and there is one that opens in your web browser when you click on it, then you simply need to place these files on your desktop before you continue.
Step 2: Installing eStationery Files
Open the Windows Explorer so that you can browse files and folders on your computer.
Expand the C: folder, it will look something now like this picture.
If you see a folder titled Program Files (x86) then you will need to copy the eStationery files from your desktop to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\Stationery
Otherwise you will need to copy your eStationery files to
C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Stationery
Windows may prompt you to give it permission to continue. If so, press the Continue button.
Step 3: Using eStationery In Outlook
Open Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013
Click on the orange File tab and select Options as illustrated below.
In the Outlook Options window, click on the Mail tab and then press the Stationery and Fonts button to the right.
In the Signatures and Stationery window you will be on the Personal Stationery tab. Click on the Theme button.
Scroll down in the Choose a Theme list until you see your eStationery and then select it. A preview will appear in the space to the right. If you do not see your eStationery in the list or there are pictures missing, then you haven't copied all of your eStationery files to the correct place yet.
Press OK until you have returned to the main Outlook 2010/2013 screen. Click on the Home tab and press the New Email button at left. A new email should open with your new eStationery displayed.
If you were able to start an email and can see your new eStationery then congratulations, you're all done.